Lily

Lily
Lily Tessa

Photography

Photography
Photography

Archer

Archer
Archer Leo

31 Week Update


My gosh has this week been stressful. So much going on eek! This week all my plans, especially those regarding labour, have been turned on their head and I'm panicking slightly that I have to make new decisions regarding everything.


But first lets go back to the start of the week. We came back off on holiday and I was feeling super tired (not unusual) but also noticed my itching was starting to get worse. Recognising the signs of the Obstetric Cholestasis I had in my last pregnancy I got myself booked in for some blood tests on Tuesday. The results came back 24 hours later that I do indeed have OC again and I'm not gonna lie I'm a bit gutted! I was told last time that there was a 60-70% chance I'd get it in subsequent pregnancies but I still had the hope that I'd be in the 30% that wouldn't. 

It's not so much the itching that's getting me down, nor is it the fact I'm no longer a low risk pregnancy - weekly hospital monitoring from now until birth and the 10 tablets a day I have to take now..it's actually the fact that they want to induce me at 37 weeks. It may sound silly to some people but I really wanted to avoid induction this time. It makes me sad that I'm never going to get the chance for my body to go into labour naturally and I really wanted to give the baby free reign to decide when he/she was going to come. I've kind of been looking forward to the time around my due date and the excitement of wondering when labour could start. Now it looks like there's a stressful early induction coming my way and it wasn't a pleasant experience last time to say the least. 

With that being said I haven't spoken to the consultant yet so nothings set in stone but at the end of the day of course I'll set my personal preferences aside and do whatevers best for my baby. Either way I hope I get a plan of action put in place soon because I need to know whether to get everything down from the loft and ready sooner rather than later!

Aside from the itching symptom, most symptoms have just stayed the same. Breathlessness is insane and I'm struggling to do the simplest of tasks and everything is exhausting me. My bump is also growing at a scary rate, although I dont think photo's do it justice.  


Luckily my migraines have eased off a bit and my skin isn't too bad at the moment so swings and roundabouts! ;) I'm still craving water all the time so I wonder if that's helping reduce the migraines. This week is super hectic with Lily's billion and one christmas parties but the week after is the start of James' two weeks off work so I'm hoping I'll get chance to sit back and relax and not be so rushed off my feet and hopefully he'll be able to take over a bit more and allow me to do so. I feel like my body is screaming out for some rest at the moment! 

Click here for previous updates

Follow us on
Instagram | Bloglovin' | Twitter | YouTube

9 comments

  1. Sorry to hear about the the OC diagnosis. Hope you managed to have a lovely labour anyway. Bump is looking great :) xxxx #maternitymondays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh iam sorry it sounds like your having a rubbish time! you look really good, try and stay positive which iam sure you are. I hope everything goes well :)

    #MaternityMondays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the OC again :( I know how you feel about the breathlessness, I am finding it difficult to do anything - it's so frustrating, that the simplest of tasks seem to take hours! xx
    #maternitymondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the most frustrating thing, I feel bloody useless! x

      Delete
  4. Oh you poor thing. I didn't mind being induced and I'm sure it will be better this time as I heard after 1 baby girl your cervix will be a bit open so easier to break your waters. It's the same here though my kids social life is better than mine :( hope you get a rest Lovely #maternitymondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what I'm hoping! Second labours should totally be simpler right!? ha thanks lovely xx

      Delete
  5. I have just finished watching your YouTube Video for the 31 week update! I totally understand what you mean about wanting the exciting feeling about coming to your due date. I was induced with both my girls because of OC and I really hope I can go by myself this time round xxx

    ReplyDelete